Eyefinity® provides an exceptional level of security, recovery, and accessibility when it comes to practice data. We understand how important data security is to practices like yours, which is why Eyefintiy cloud-based software leverages Amazon Web Services (AWS)—the most flexible and secure cloud computing platform to power Eyefinity Practice Management and Eyefinity EHR.
Why does this matter?
The adoption of cloud-based computing in healthcare, including eye care, is quickly rising as technology solutions advance and providers and patients demand secure access to their information.
As the world evolves into the digital space, data breaches have happened. What matters when it comes to protecting your practice data in the cloud is who is protecting it and what measures they're taking to prevent breaches on a consistent basis.
Eyefinity leverages AWS's comprehensive tools and features to create the ideal security infrastructure for Eyefinity cloud software. The security measures we take to protect practice data are customized to meet the expectations of Eye Care Providers like you. Any information processed through Eyefinity Practice Management and Eyefinity EHR stays secure and compliant.
Not only is data protection about preventing breaches, it's also about making sure your data can be recovered in the event of natural disasters, accidents, or unforeseen circumstances. Eyefinity takes extra steps to ensure that your data is recoverable when the unexpected happens so that you always have access to your practice data.
Learn more here:
What is Cloud Computing?
How does Eyefinity protect your practice data?
- All systems are actively managed to ensure the latest security patches, greatly reducing the number of exploitable entry points.
- Up-to-date anti-virus software is maintained, and all documents are scanned before being loaded into the platform.
- Server configurations are always secure. No email or web browser activity allowed!
- A sophisticated data backup plan is employed that allows for data recovery should it ever be needed.
Here's what you can do to help:
- When a staff member leaves your practice, disable or delete their account promptly.
- Review the security settings for staff to ensure they have the permissions they need for their duties, but no more.
- Keep your passwords protected! Ensure there aren’t any passwords written down.
- Maintain up-to-date anti-virus software on your computers.
- Do not follow unsolicited web links in emails.
- Consider restricting websites your office staff can access via the browser.
All the security compliance and updates are automatic in Eyefinity cloud-based software so you can focus on delivering great patient care.
Read about our Health Data Accredidation through EHNAC
Eyefinity has achieved accreditation for the Healthcare Netweork Accreditation Program (HNAP) from the Electronic Healthcare Network Accreditation Commission (EHNAC) effective now and approved through 2022.
This accreditation ensures compliance with industry-established standards and HIPAA regulations. The EHNAC "seal of approval" tells our customers and prospective customers that we are serious about the privacy and security of health data...read more.