Get your practice running on all cylinders.
OfficeMate/ExamWRITER 14 has a new engine. We updated our technologies to be able to deliver you more robust performance, easier updates, and modern features. In a sense, we rebuilt the engine to increase efficiency and performance and give it a long, useful life.
Of course, not all of our work was under the hood. We also added some great features to improve your practice workflow:
- Automatic software updates
- CLX integration gives your practice the ability to order contact lenses for your patients directly from OfficeMate
- Total Merchant Services (TMS) Integrated Payment Processing within OfficeMate
- New ExamWRITER equipment integrations with Canon, Marco, OCULUS, Reichert, and ZEISS
- New role-based, short training videos
Read the release notes for full details.
Think you’re ready to get behind the wheel?
Before stepping on the gas and upgrading to OfficeMate/ExamWRITER 14, you must ensure that your server and workstations meet the system requirements. You won’t be able to install this new engine on “classic” equipment, such as Microsoft Windows XP and SQL Server 2005; to read more about why you won't be able to do this, click here. If you need to upgrade to newer hardware models, but are experiencing MSRP sticker shock, consider hosting OfficeMate/ExamWRITER with one of our partners - it's easy, maintenance-free, and affordable!
- If you use IT staff to manage your installations, have them check your server, or, check it yourself, prior to scheduling them to upgrade to OfficeMate/ExamWRITER 14.0.
- Depending on the size of your database, the time it takes to run this check will vary and could take up to or over 30 minutes.
To see if your systems are ready, download and run the pre-install checker on your server.
Running the pre-install checker is easy:
- Close OfficeMate/ExamWRITER on your server and workstations.
- Download and install the pre-install checker on your OfficeMate server.
- After installation, click Launch.
- Click Run All.
- If the checker returns any required actions or recommendations, click Copy to Clipboard and paste the text in a document or email for your IT person.
Taking the keys
If the pre-install checker verifies that you meet system requirements, complete the form below to receive the links to download OfficeMate/ExamWRITER 14.
Since the engine is new, it handles a little differently. Be sure to carefully follow the installation instructions:
Existing user upgrade instructions
New user/new computer installation instructions
We're here for you! Call us at 800.942.5353, option 1.